ATTENTION! Looking for :
Male, brown hair, green eyes, glasses, unshaven, with farmer tan.
Height: a respectable 5’11
Likes: the Red Sox, baseball and sports in general, video games, manfood (including but not limited to: hotdogs, burgs, pizza, chicken nuggets, Bistro thingies, KD with bacon, BACON, fries, wangs).
Last seen: Sunday, at a BBQ, moments before dessert…
Has anyone seen my boyfriend? Cause the guy next to me just asked for a second serving of Lavender Cupcakes. I’m just as shocked as you are. OK, I can’t deny that these cupcakes are super moist with a very unique and refined taste. There’s just something about them that’s highly addictive. They make a gorgeous show-piece, perfect for tea-time, baby showers, engagement parties, a grandmother’s birthday. And, apparently, they’re versatile enough to please a masculine palate. That, or, I’m in the presence of a mutated strain of Boyfriend.
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9×9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth. – Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cake springs back to the touch.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-white-cake/
1/3 cup whole milk
3 fresh lavender blossoms, cut with one-inch of stem attached, plus a few extra blossoms for decoration (or 1/2 teasoon of dried, organic lavender)
2 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- In a small saucepan, bring milk and lavender to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard fresh blossoms, or strain out dried.
- Pour the scented milk over confectioner’s sugar and whisk until perfectly smooth; if the consistency is too thin add more sugar, if the consistency is too thick add a few droplets of milk.
- Pour icing over cupcake tops (the icing on the cupcakes will firm up after an hour or two).