More stories of dudes. British Columbia …
- My roommate’s sister’s boyfriend’s schoolmate’s ex-roommate’s house party. I challenge the roommate’s sister’s boyfriend’s schoolmate’s ex-roommate’s cousin to Foosball. Someone wins, someone looses, somehow we end up walking the wrong way to the bar. I challenge my opponent to a competition of physical strength, Bulgarian Back-squats. Must find gym. Someone’s backyard grotto will do. Also inadvertently challenge to fence jumping competition. I loose on the front one-legged squats. Miss last call, are very lost, have wandered for hours. Travel to my roommate’s sister’s boyfriend’s schoolmate’s ex-roommate’s cousin’s older brother’s house (no one home, have a spare key, let ourselves in). Want to pass out but my roommate’s sister’s boyfriend’s schoolmate’s ex-roommate’s cousin’s older brother’s baby now lives in the spare bedroom. Sleep on toys. Wake up get some breakfast. Get picked up go to the horse races. Lose some money. Meet up later.
- Greyhound to Whistler Creekside. Winter. Demo boards all day get some nachos. Lamb shank for dinner. Go to board shop, tune some snowboards. Have a couple, bus to Whistler Village. “Only songs I like”, Faction Soundcrew at Savage Beagle. Dance all night. Get text message – go to Market Place. Get in Hummer drive to house party. Drive Hummer back from house party, get pulled over. Biggie Smalls in front seat, 3 dudes behind me. Rear window rolls down … (where is the window lock?) … “she’s the only one not drinking” …. get a warning … park the car. Sleep in shop. First gondola.
- Greyhound to Whistler Creekside. Summer. Crash on couch. Meet dudes on beach. Friends of friends, concert that night. Concert is good hang out after. Next day borrow friend of friend’s car drive around. Olympic sites, waterfalls and hiking trails. Friend of friend’s friend needs to rescue stalled ATV on the mountain. Get picked up from the beach after eating watermelon. Drive to mountain get on four-wheelers. Rip up mountain. Rip down mountain. Do some doughnuts. Get real dirty. Jump in river. Back to Vancouver.
- Meet at gas station pick up concert tickets. Arrange ride with a friend of a friend I met on the beach. Drive up to concert. Folding chair + blanket + shirt on my back. Mosh-out to NIN, meet some dudes, get my own tent. Jam out to concerts all day. Get a ride to a lake, go swimming. Back to campsite. Night time party, MSTRKFT, meet some cool dudes. Party all night. Party for the rest of the weekend. Wear bananas and love electro music. Catch a ride back to Van in a crowded car. Late for work.
- Take Greyhound bus to meet dudes from concert. Go to parties. Play some soccer. Ride on motorcycle, do some stunts. Go to cabin party bring spiked fruit salad. Dance to music, flick the lights. Swim in lakes. Midnight bus home.
- Friend of friend DJing in Whistler. Meet at gas station in Vancouver, drive to party. Dance all night. Twizzlers for everyone. Must head back to Vancouver. Pass out in car. Caught in big rock slide. Get punked by candy. Have to stay in hotel, steal the decor apples, yell at receptionist. Wake-up, what the fuck? Call work “sorry I’m stuck”. Drive to Vancouver, 9 hour trip up-down-round-about mountains, long way home, “are those Biggies chains?”. Say goodbye, do it again next week.